Outreach and Human Resources Project Lead will work in cooperation with the Programming and Communications Project Lead to provide the framework, execution and evaluation for Durham Black Students’ Network (DBSN). There will be shared duties of administration and fiscal affairs.
The Project Lead – Outreach and Human Resources position is 12 months part-time contract (approximately 15 hours a week), renewable up to 36 months based on annual review.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain a high and quality network with stakeholders (Students, Families and Community Members).
- Promote programs through face-to-face, phone, email and social media forums to
establish a wide range of exposure for DBSN
- Ongoing relationship building and management through pro-active efforts.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring student engagement levels (listening to
participants voice / making connections between activities, workshops, and participants’ strengths and needs)
- Recruit, train, and provide ongoing support to Program Facilitators
- Work with other Project Lead and Advisory Committee to deliver staff training and
administrative HR reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum age requirement seeks individuals ages between 16 – 29 due to the
function and funding of the position
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with multiple stakeholders (Students, Families and Community Members).
- Takes initiative and is perseverant with both mass and tedious assignment
- Integrity and professionalism; Reputation for working in a manner that respects and values relationships, diversity, community and life-long learning.
- Motivated; Excited about opportunities to connect the arts, stakeholders and the
community as part of a growing organization.
- Collaborative; noted capacity for establishing positive interpersonal relationships with an interdisciplinary team, as well as the ability to function independently.
- Adaptable; Demonstrate flexibility, strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to conduct objective program reviews and engage in organizational planning and process development.
- Communication; Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written. As well as being technologically literate.
To apply for the Project Lead – Outreach and Human Resources, please email
email@example.com by 5:00 p.m., Friday, September 8, 2017 with a resume and cover letter
outlining your interest in the position, along with why you believe you can be successful in the role. While we appreciate all applications received, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.