Current Pedagogy and Curriculum Development
• Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
• Locally developed curriculum for Black Studies
Black History – Textbook and Teachers’ Resource
The Black History resources were produced by Emond Montgomery Publishing. Several DBEN members had the opportunity to contribute to the research and writing of the text and teachers’ resource. These pieces are aligned with Ontario’s Ministry of Education Curriculum Expectations.
Educators will have several opportunities to participate in Professional Development sessions focused on Culturally Relevant and Responsive Teaching in support of student engagement and success for the 21 Century Learner.
• Culturally Responsive Classrooms
• Courageous Conversations About Race
• Implementing Black Studies Curriculum
• Differentiated Instruction and use of technology in the 21st Century classroom
• Leadership Workshop: So You want to be an Administrator
• Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner? – Re-presenting Race in the Media